Four days a week we have a 'teaching' assembly and on a Friday we celebrate the stars of the week.
- As I grow - we looked at how Jesus cared for children and old people and also cares for us no matter how big or small we are.
- God always forgives me! - looking at how nothing is too bad to be forgiven.
- I'm Me - I am unique. I am different to everyone else. This caused a lot of amusement because I started off asking how I am different to the children - that was obvious - my hair, skin, eyes etc. Then I got one of the children to come to the front and asked how they were different. That wasn't as obvious! They all have the same colour hair, same or very similar colour eyes but we got there eventually!
- I matter - Gods creation is important to him.
- Jesus Listens - He took time to listen to people when he was here on earth and wants us to talk to him.
- I am worth it! - Looking at why Jesus came to earth and how he died on the cross so that people could 'be friends with God'
We have just stared a new half term and it is almost Christmas. We only have 5 weeks until the end of term so I decided to do an "advent calendar" (it's all laminated so hard to see)
The children are very excited to find out whats behind the numbers!!
I think assembly is very important. Lots of people question why I do it every day. It is 15 minute at the start of the day where we all come together to learn the most important lessons of the day. It also means I see everyone every day.